Digital fixed inclinometer probe for borehole
The fixed digital inclinometer for boreholes is used for continuous monitoring of landslides, slopes, retaining structures and embankments. This instrument has been designed for measuring deformations in the horizontal plane. It is positioned at given heights inside inclinometric casings fixed to the ground or to the structures for which rotation in relation to the vertical plane must be measured.
A system with fixed inclinometers consists of several probes installed inside an inclinometer casing so as to measure the entity of the local and integral movements along the entire casing. The probe is a high precision instrument from the measuring field content, which measures the change in inclination of the structure on which it is fixed. Consist of an stainless steel body containing 2 sensors, one for the x-axis and one for the y-axis, whose output signal is proportional to the angle of inclination of the instrument relative to the horizontal.
The output signal of the instrument is digital in RS485.
The advantage of using RS485 digital output allows you to streamline the wiring, simply being able to use a 4-pin cable for communication and power supply of each sensor.
All instruments are connected to the data logger G801, which is able to handle 2 distinct RS485 digital outputs and 2 digital outputs RS232 (through the use of optically isolated RS232/RS485 converter). For a buyer you can connect up to 255 probes for each channel, for a total, in the maximum configuration, of 1020 to system sensors.
- Type of sensor: biaxial electrolytic;
- Measuring range: +/-10°, +/- 15°, +/- 20°;
- Resolution: 4°x10-4;
- Repeatability: 0,1% F.S.;
- Power supply voltage: 12/24 V DC;
- Output signal: RS485 modality;
- Operating temperature: from -10° to +40°C;
- Thermal drift: 0,1%/°C;
- Type of installation: vertical;
- Protection class: IP 68;
- Integrated temperature sensor NTC.
FEATURES OF SYSTEM
- Maximum probes: 255 probes;
- Maximim probes configuration for system: 1020;
- Total channels for datalogger: total 4 channels; 2 direct channels, 2-channel RS232 / RS485 converter;
- Power datalogger: 12 Vdc typical;
- Maximum length RS485 communication cable channel: 1200 m.
- probe dimension: 34 mm body diameter, 12 mm diameter rod, 1100 mm total lenght
- probe material: stainless steel
- slide wheel pitch: 1000 mm
- slide unit material: stainless steel